Why Gastric Sleeve
There are many procedures for bariatric surgery, including Gastric Band, Gastric Sleeve, Gastric Bypass, and Duodenal Switch. We believe that Gastric Sleeve surgery is among the most effective surgeries with minimal potential complications and faster recovery, with no foreign body usage and no malabsorption symptoms.
As the name indicates, part of the stomach is removed, leaving a small sleeve-shaped stomach tube that limits food intake. Moreover, since the now-smaller stomach produces less “hunger hormones”, appetite is usually reduced.
- Significant, sustained weight loss; typically, you lose most of the excess weight you have (about 60-70%) in 12-18 months. Most patients maintain this loss or 90% of it for years.
- Control type 2 diabetes; with about 60% of individuals achieving complete remission of their diabetes, whereas the remaining 40% will have significant improvement and reduction of their medication.
- Controlled high blood pressure, with no need for medications in more than 50% of individuals.
- Remission of sleep apnea in up to 90% of patients.
- Significant improvement in cholesterol and TG numbers.
- Reduced osteoarthritis symptoms in most patients, which improves mobility and the ability to perform sport-related activities that they were unable to perform prior to the surgery.
- Improved acid reflex symptoms in many patients.
- Reduced risk of several cancers including ovarian, colon and uterus.
- Cure of many infertility cases.
- Increase life expectancy: it is proven that Gastric Sleeve, like many other bariatric surgeries, prolongs life by an average of 10 years due to the improvement of other obesity related health conditions.